On Thursday 15 February 2007 11:12:11 Juan Eduardo Moreno wrote:
> Linux :
>
> $ rpm -qa |grep -i mysql
>
> Regards,
> Juan
>
> On 2/14/07, Zsolt Csillag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to create a setup program for my demo version that uses
> > MySql database.
> >
> > I need to detect if the target computer has already got the MySql
> > installed
> > because I don't want to ruin an existing database.

That only works for the limited case of
* System supports RPM
* Admin installed MySQL as an RPM

Without knowing what platform you intend your demo to run on, giving an
accurate answer will be hard.

Furthermore, it's very possible to have multiple installs of MySQL on a server
without conflict, so done correctly, you won't trash any other MySQL
installs.