We have settled on the ado.net connector www.mysql.com after dbExpress pains. Although apparently dbExpress does work.
What BDS 2006 service pack are you on? Keep us all posted if you solve it.

Mark

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
We just purchased The Borland Developer Studio 2006 IDE and are having significant problems using dbExpress objects to communicate with MySQL servers (both 4 and 5). Curiously, we can perform inserts but not selects, even though identical code in C++ Builder 6 worked just fine. The DLL in C++ Builder 2006 is dbxmys30.dll. Anybody having similar issues?

Thanks,

David

David P. Giragosian, Psy.D.
Database and Software Developer
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX
713-792-7898

--
Mark Carson
2Lend Business Unit Manager

This e-mail may contain PRIVILEGED AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
only for use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the person addressed, you may not copy or
deliver this to anyone else. If you received this e-mail by mistake, please
do not make use of it, nor disclose it's contents to anyone. Thank you for
notifying us immediately by return e-mail or telephone. INFORMATION PROVIDED
IN THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY REPRESENTATION
OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE ACCURACY AND
THE USE OF THIS DOCUMENT.