At 4:36 PM -0500 2/20/07, Sun, Jennifer wrote:
Any answers for the question below ?

Is there a DST patch for MySql 4.0.20?   Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 9:30 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: MySQL Daylight Savings Time Patch

Is there a DST patch for MySQL 4.0.x series?

I've been getting scary emails from our sys and net admins about
impending
doom.

Thanks,

David

Before MySQL 4.1.3, the server gets its time zone from the operating system
at startup.  The time zone can be specified explicitly by setting the TZ
TZ environment variable setting, or by using the --timezone option to the
mysqld_safe server startup script.

Assuming that the server host itself has had its operating system updated
to handle the new Daylight Saving Time rules, that should be all that's
necessary for MySQL to know the correct time.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA