To: "mos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: [LICENSING] why so hazy? Comparing to Samba.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:33:47PM -0600, mos wrote:
That's just one guy's opinion. :)

And quite misinformed, unfortunately.

$595 is the per-server price for MySQL Enterprise, which includes
support, the network monitoring and advisory service, and more. It is
not the OEM pricing. You may notice that we don't publish OEM pricing,
precisely because it is far too easy for someone to think they just need
to multiply some base price times some theoretical number of units.

If you are an ISV looking to license MySQL for distribution with your
application, contact the MySQL sales team. They are happy to work with
you to fit find the pricing model that makes the most sense. (Or, of
course, you can just open source your application.)

And I hope we can now consider this horse to be sufficiently dead.

Jim Winstead
MySQL Inc.