mysql -h... -u... -p... -e"CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS mysql_TEST;"
mysqldump -h... -u... -p... --routines --triggers Mysql_prod | mysql -h...
-u... -p... -Dmysql_TEST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 10:48:27 AM (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Subject: copy data from prod to test - when database name is not the same name

Hello All, We have two mysql environment PROD and TEST. I would like to
copy data from PROD to TEST. The PROD database name is Mysql_prod and
the TEST database name is mysql_TEST.  Using mysqldump or any applicable
utility can someone show me how to migrate my production data from prod
to test. The only thing that is different is the database name. The
tables are all the same.

Thanks in advance

immediately.

Thank you.