Hi,

in case you have MyIsam tables you can also use LVM.

Nils Meyer napsal(a):
Hi Murthy,

murthy gandikota wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to manage multiple disk partitions in mysql? BTW, the mysql is version 4 or something like that.

When using InnoDB you can just add another tablespace on /var [1]. With MyISAM it gets a bit more difficult, at least in pre 5.1 series. You can use symbolic links to move some databases or even tables to another location. Other solution might be to move *all* databases to /var and change the datadir setting in my.cnf accordingly.

Regards
Nils

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-and-removing.html

--
Filip Krejci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fatal Error: Found MS-Windows System -> Repartitioning Disk for Linux...