Hang on a second! Doesn't EST transition to DST at 03:00?  Shouldn't that
query (the one for testing MySQL's time zones) be

SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2007-03-11 02:00:00'),UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2007-03-11
03:00:00');

? Nonetheless, it doesn't work for me. I get a one-hour difference, just as
though the DST transition never existed. My time_zone variable is set to
SYSTEM, and I've verified using zdump (Linux) that the time zone tables on
my server are correct. I have loaded the latest time zone information using

mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql

although it gave me some errors about Riyadh.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.