From: Ryan Stille [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:28 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: MySQL Daylight Savings Time Patch - easy check

Ryan Stille wrote:
Paul DuBois wrote:
At 4:40 PM -0600 2/20/07, Ryan Stille wrote:
Is there an easy way to test to see if MySQL already has
the proper
tables loaded?

-Ryan
Yes, reload them. :-)  After that, they're current! .......

After digging around on the net for a while I found an easy
way to tell
if your MySQL installation is ready for the new daylight savings time.

SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2007-03-11 02:00:00'),
UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2007-03-11 03:00:00');

This should return the same value, even though you are feeding it
different times, because this is when the 1 hr change occurs.
 I get the
correct result on both of my machines.  On one of them I've run the
suggested |mysql_tzinfo_to_sql command, on the other, the time zone
tables are completely empty!

Any wisdom on these time zone tables - are they ever used, should I
populate them or not?

-Ryan