It's nothing to do with MySQL. split is a command that you can find under many flavors of Linux, and Linux-like OSes.

At the shell prompt, type:
man split
to see the documentation.

However, if you have bzip2 on your system, I would recommend running that first, in order to compress it as much as possible.

So, to summarize, this is would I would do:

1. run mysqldump to dump my data and save it to a file, for instance, db.sql

2. type:
bzip -9 db.sql
This will give you a file named db.sql.bz2

3. If db.sql.bz2 is still too large, I would run split:
split bla bla bla
(Replace bla bla bla with the options for split. I never use it, so I don't know what they are.)

This will give you a few smaller files named db.sql.bz2.1 db.sql.bz2.2 ETC.

4. Transfer these files to my other machine.

5. reassemble the smaller files into one big file:
cat db.sql.bz2.1 db.sql.bz2.2 db.sql.bz2.3 db.sql.bz2.... \
>db.sql.bz2

6. decompress the db.sql.bz2 file
bunzip2 db.sql.bz2

7. import db.sql into wherever.