On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:59 -0500, Agarwal, Abhishek wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know a quick reference which details a list of ports which are
> used my various machine in the MYSQL cluster environment.
>
> We just installed the MYSQL cluster and have the IPTABLES shutdown as we are
> not sure which ports are being used by each of these machines. We want to
> keep the firewall on with a certain list of open ports.
>
> Any advice?

Don't use a firewall for Cluster traffic. It just slows things down with
added latency (really not what you want).

We (ndb) gets the operating system to assign free ports to work on - so
it's not predictable.

The protocols that MySQL Cluster uses between the nodes are NOT secure
and if you swamp that network with other traffic, performance will
suffer (including the possibility of missing heartbeats). i.e. a whole
world of bad.

Run the cluster traffic on its own private network with no firewalls
getting in the way. easiest and fastest way.
--
Stewart Smith, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Jumpstart your cluster: