On 7 Mar 2007, at 09:30, Ian P. Christian wrote:

--single-transaction
Creates a consistent snapshot by dumping all tables in a
single transaction. Works ONLY for tables stored in
storage engines which support multiversioning (currently
only InnoDB does); the dump is NOT guaranteed to be
consistent for other storage engines. Option
automatically turns off --lock-tables.

I'll accept my interpritation of the above could be very wrong
however...

That does indeed sound promising - however, you said that not all your tables are InnoDB, so maybe it just gets ignored?

Whilst I'm here and talking about slaves... is it possible to have a
slave to 2 different databases on 2 different hosts?

Apparently not: http://www.nabble.com/one-slave-with-multiple-masters- t2063846.html

Having said that, I don't see any reason you couldn't run multiple instances of mysqld on one machine, perhaps on different ports or interfaces.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/