From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: The Ghost Of Another Database...

The fact that youhavee problem when surfing, but the data looks fine
when viewed directly through the console (or whatever), these conspire
to suggest that your problem is not SQL-related at all but might be in
the caching directives associated with your web app. To test this
hypothesis, try clearing your cache, clear all your cookie, restart
your browser and see if the effect persists.

- michael dykman

> Hi;
> I mysqldump'd a dbase, created a new empty dbase by another name, then
> injected the old dbase into the new. They both exist. I then dumped out all
> the prods and categories from the new dbase and created new cats. However,
> when I surf to my TTW interface to add new prods, the *old* cats show up!
> When I enter a new prod into the dbase via MySQL with a new cat (bedding), it
> show up in the TTW. When I enter a new prod into the new dbase with an old
> cat (bracelets) through the TTW, it shows up in MySQL! What's going on here!!
>
> mysql> select * from products;
> +---------+------------------------+--------+-----------+---------+--------------+-----------+-------+------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+
>
> | sku | description | price | category | options | name | available | photo |
> photo_type | photo_thumb | photo_thumb_type | sort_factor |
> +---------+------------------------+--------+-----------+---------+--------------+-----------+-------+------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+
>
> | testSKU | This is a test product | 120.99 | bedding | | Test Product | 1 |
> | | | | 999 |
> | junk | this is junk desc | 10.00 | bracelets | | this is junk | 1 | | octe
> | | octe | 0001 |
> +---------+------------------------+--------+-----------+---------+--------------+-----------+-------+------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+
>
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql> select * from categories;
> +-----+--------------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------+
>
> | oid | name | description | parent_id |
> +-----+--------------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------+
>
> | 1 | accessories | The accessories products | 0 |
> | 2 | appliances | The appliances products | 0 |
> | 3 | bedding | The bedding products | 0 |
> | 4 | bedroom | The bedroom products | 0 |
> | 5 | carpet | The carpet products | 0 |
> | 6 | coin-op_commercial | The coin-operated commercial products | 0 |
> | 7 | commercial | The commercial products | 0 |
> | 8 | dining_room | The dining room products | 0 |
> | 9 | furniture | The furniture products | 0 |
> | 10 | home_office | The home office products | 0 |
> | 11 | living_room | The living room products | 0 |
> | 12 | multi-housing_commercial | The multi-housing commercial products | 0 |
> | 13 | on-premisis_commercial | The on-premisis commercial products | 0 |
> | 14 | residential_appliances | The residential appliances products | 0 |
>
> 14 rows in set (0.05 sec)
>
> TIA,
> Tony
> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from
> AOL at AOL.com.

-- - michael dykman
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- All models are wrong. Some models are useful.
AOL at AOL.com.