Hi there,

I do have a LAMP app that currently does run on a 1GB i686 Prozessor.
The system is getting slower since traffic is raising. So I ordered another dedicated root server with an Opteron 4GB Raid System. I intended to run the second box as a pure DB Server and do the PHP and Weberserving stuff do the old machine.

Here is the problem:
After the system is setup, I noticed that I have to configure mysql with SSL, do some other restrictions and that latency might become a problem since I do not really know where the boxes are located within my provider (same one).

Which version do you think will be the faster and/or smarter way to go:
1. Put all on the new box and let it handle mysql via socket without SSL between web/db 2. Put on seperate boxes, go over SSL (MySQL4.1.22), without static compile option (does not work with SSL), connected through internet.

Option one would also be 100 Euro cheaper per month. Server load is currently between 1.5 and sometimes 5.

Thank you for any help on this triky question.

Best regards,

merlin