Hello mysql,

  I'm testing  BDB tables in mysql to find out i'll be able to use
  them in my application.

  I was testing how does big tables work with BDB and so created table
  which is about 10GB in size.  I could easy make it with multiple
  inserts from test-insert, so the problem with insert seems to be
  fixed now.

  So I'm trying to do  select count(*) from table now and... get
  error #12 saying  BDB is out of locks, therefore my number of lock
  is 100000 which is quite large.

  With bdb_locks=1.000.000 I was able do do this, but this resulted in
  ~230Mb of memory wasted for locks which I think is too much
  (230Bytes for lock is a huge amount)

  If I'm not mistaken the problem is  bdb_locks  corresponding to
  seting of several options of BDB, which is bad thing as only one of
  them is needed to be so huge,while others do not and are just
  wasting memory.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]