I have 2 tables and I need to update Table1 with the rows from table 2. They have 15 columns that need updating (that are in both tables). Now I could delete the old rows from table1, except there are around 1 million rows, from a 35 million row table. This takes too long. I'd like to update the existing rows rather than delete the old rows because this should be faster. The "Insert Replace" syntax is no better because according to the documentation it deletes the old row on a duplicate index and adds the new row, so this is more work than necessary. Is there no way to use SQL to update the existing rows of a table without deleting them? I should add that there are a few rows in Table2 that aren't in Table1 so these rows will need to be added to Table1 because there are no rows to update.

TIA
Mike