This table size is based on your filesystem limits. This is a limit of the OS, not MySQL.

-Micah

On 03/22/2007 01:02 PM, JP Hindin wrote:
Addendum;

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, JP Hindin wrote:
Zero improvement. I used the following CREATE:
        MAX_ROWS=1000000000;

At first I thought I had spotted the obvious in the above - the MAX_ROWS I
used is smaller than the Max_data_length that resulted, presumably MySQL
being smarter than I am. So I changed the MAX_ROWS to use larger numbers,
ala:
        AVG_ROW_LENGTH=224,
        MAX_ROWS=200000000000;

But after creation the 'SHOW STATUS' gives the following:

 Create_options: max_rows=4294967295 avg_row_length=224

My guess is that MySQL has decided 4294967295 is the maximum table size
and ALTERs nor CREATE options are able to change this imposed limit. This
would explain why my ALTERs didn't appear to work, seg fault of the client
aside.

So I suppose the question now is - if MAX_ROWS doesn't increase the table
size, what will? Where is the limit that MySQL is imposing coming from?

Again, many thanks for anyone who can enlighten me as to what MySQL is
thinking.

JP