Hello,

I am running MySQL 3.23.37 on an OpenBSD 2.8 box. The db is working fine
and starts fine but I cannot seem to shut it down...

I do
mysql.server stop

and this is what I see in the logs:

010528 20:59:07  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

but the command exits because it is taking too long and mysql is still
running... then when I make any attempt to access mysql, THEN it shuts
down:

010528 21:00:41  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

010528 21:00:41  mysqld ended

There are no other messages in the .err log...

I apologize if this has been covered already but I couldn't find a decent
answer in the archives or manual...

oh, I also installed mysql from openbsd ports instead of from source... if
that makes a difference..

thanks,
shawn