When I run the query:

UPDATE InvHead I
JOIN (SELECT InvNo,Sum(Rate + CASE WHEN AttendingAcademy=1 THEN 30 ELSE 0 END) AS InvTot FROM Participants P GROUP BY InvNo) AS PartSum ON PartSum.InvNo=I.InvNo
SET I.Total=PartSum.InvTot
WHERE (I.InvoiceType='CL' OR I.InvoiceType='CSS') AND I.RegFinishedDate IS NOT NULL

It initially updates several rows. However, when I run it again, it updates no rows at all. If I then go in and manually change the Total to an incorrect value, then run it again, it updates that one row. Does MySQL check a value before updating it, and if it is the same as the value that it's updating it with, it doesn't bother updating it again?

Thanks,
Jesse