I am at a higher level than that.  Here is my query:
SELECT distinct emt.group_name
FROM epa.aq_ambient_nad83 aq_,
 epa.aq_ambient_pollutants pol,
 epa.emtb_pollutant_group emt,
 epa.pollutant pt
 WHERE     (aq_.siteid = pol.siteid)
 AND (emt.group_code = pt.ambient_group_code)
 AND (pol.paramcode = pt.paramcode)
 AND AQ_.SITEID = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER"
value="#FORM.siteID#">

This gives me the list of pollutants at one site.  If I remove the "And
aq.siteid...." part, then I get a list of all the pollutants.

--ja