Hello, I've got a problem with mysql 5 on my debian server.

I've got a forum on this server and untill the database reached about 60 Mo I could dump the database with either phpmyadmin or with the command :

mysql -u user -p'password' databasename > backup_date.sql

My last backup that worked was about 56Mb, but now since I've gone over the 60mb my backup files with phpmyadmin and mysqldump are only around 46Mb and therefore don't contain everything and also when I do a
mysql -u user -p'password' databasename > backup_date.sql

it never finishes, and even if I wait for two hours the bacup_date.sql file is 0Mb ...

The forum runs well and I use no compression I save the file in simple .sql text format.

Any ideas as to why it does this or how I can fix it would be great ! I've gone through my my.cnf file and I can't see any setting that seems to block this. If you need any further information please let me know

Thanks in advance,

Richard