At 11:39 AM 4/12/2007, you wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am running a LAMP installation with mysql 3.x installed.
Since a few hours the szstem load goes up till the server crashes. I have
to reboot it, and then 60 minutes later it is gone again! Server is running now
for over 2 years.

I do have the impession that mysql is the reason for it. Since I have disabled the webapp,
but as soon as I start mysql the system starts going down.

has anybody an idea what is going wrong?

Thank you for any help,

Merlin

Merlin,
Have you tried looking at the MySQL log file or the my.cnf file? It could be a bad setting like allocating too much memory. Also if your directories are not defined correctly (like for InnoDb), MySQL won't start properly. The first place to start is the log file.

Mike