At 08:14 AM 4/13/2007, Amer Neely wrote:
I'm using MySQL 5.0.21 and am trying to find out if it is possible to overwrite
an existing file when using a 'SELECT ... INTO' command from the command line.
Is there another parameter that can do this? I've looked through the online
reference manual, but found no specific help there.
--
Amer Neely

Amer,
        Why can't you do:

drop table if exists mynewtable;select .. into mynewtable

Mike

:) Thanks, but you missed the part about '.. an existing file..'. I'm hoping there is an option for the SELECT INTO to do this. I'm doing some extensive testing and it's getting tiresome having to delete a file each time I run the test.

--
Amer Neely
w: www.softouch.on.ca/