I also thought about creating a "materialized view" with mysql by doing:
create table vanswers (select ... query to get the table in the
format..)
or a stored procedure which generates a table like the one below, but
all solutions seem to be slow like hell due to the high large joins
which are necessary to create such tables.

desired table:
id|q1|q2|q3
1|answer1|answer2|answer5
2|answer3|answer4|asnwer6