I am writing a type of message stack that is built while a task is processing and presented to the user at the end of processing. I do it using a function like

Logit("Blah, blah, blah");

Which records the SessionID, Sequence and Message, which is presented to the user in sequence at the end of processing.

I was thinking of indexing on Timestamp which lead to my first post. But as Tim pointed out I am better off using an auto-increment (hence the banging my head against the wall for not thinking of that myself).

So as far as I am concerned, problem solved....

John Meyer wrote:
John Comerford wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys, banging my head against the wall for not thinking of using an auto increment integer to handle the sequence, I've got to cut back on those Friday night beers........

Okay, color me confused, but what exactly are you wanting to do anyway?