Hi Michael,

You are not the only one with this problem. We work in the print/ publishing sector and have many customers that need this type of functionality as well.

So this is not going to help you right away, but we have consulted with MySQL and are starting an initiative for the implementation of BLOB streaming for MySQL.

In fact, the first announcement will go out on Monday, but you can already checkout some of the details of our plans at a web-site we have setup for the new project:

http://www.blobstreaming.org

I will also be holding a BoF at the MySQL Users Conference to discuss the project (http://www.mysqlconf.com/cs/mysqluc2007/view/e_sess/14125).

We are hoping to get as many people from the community involved as possible (both potential users and developers).

So if you are there, please join us!

Best regards,

Paul

Hello, all --

I want to set up a database for document storage. I've never worked with
binary files stored in tables.

So before I just jump in and go like I usually do, does anyone have any quick advice, things to consider, links, must-RTFMs or the like to help a
newbie out?

I feel like I need to become a bit more expert in database design but I simply don't really know where to start. Like, what 'engine' should I use in
this case? I haven't a clue....

Thanks!

--
Michael Higgins