From: Barry Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:17 AM
To: Drew Burchett
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Trouble connecting to server

At 11:36 AM 4/23/2007, Drew Burchett wrote:
>I have a mysql v 5.0 server running on Suse Linux 10.1.  It has been
>running steadily and properly for several months now.  However, when I
>came in this morning, my network card in the machine was bad.  I
>replaced the card and reconfigured the network, but ever since then, I
>can only connect to mysql by using localhost.  If I try to connect
using
>the IP address, it simply hangs.  If I do a netstat -aln | grep '3306',
>it shows mysql listening on all IP addresses, and it shows the
>connection to itself with the flag SYN_SENT.  But that's as far as it
>goes.  I've restarted the machine several times in vain hopes that it
>might kickstart something.  I've also tried connecting from other
>machines, which seems to work perfectly.  Any suggestions on how to
>proceed troubleshooting this?

Reconfigured the network. . .Is it possible that the old IP address
is no longer the one assigned to the machine?  DHCP?  Just a thought.

Barry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
message.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner
and is believed to be clean.