Jesse wrote:
I'm trying to stop replication between two servers that I've got here. I set it up originally, to play with it and see how it works. However, I now want to use these two servers separately.

I have edited the my.ini file on both the server and slave machines, and removed the server-id from them. I have also executed a stop slave on the slave server. However, it appears that when I stop and re-start the server that was the slave, it tries to re-start replication again, because I get the error, "Failed to create slave threads" in the event log.

What else do I need to do to stop the replication process?

Thanks,
Jesse

You have to remove the master information from the slave's my.ini file.

--
Gerald L. Clark
Supplier Systems Corporation