    *From:* nikos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *Sent:* Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:41 AM
    *To:* Jerry Schwartz; mysql@lists.mysql.com
    *Subject:* Re: select first letters

    Jerry do you know if there is a php command that returns ascci
    number of a letter?
    I'll want to use chr() command because I want to transfer via link
    the letter to next page but greek characters transformed to
    something like "%CE%9C".
    Thank you

    Jerry Schwartz wrote:
    It would depend upon the collating sequence for the field.

    Regards,

    Jerry Schwartz
    Global Information Incorporated
    195 Farmington Ave.