Up to this point, I have controlled MySQL privileges from Perl or PHP
pages. All connections to the database used the same MySQL login. Ordinary
users used  pages that strictly controlled selections, insertions, or updates.
Administrators/Developers used password-protected pages that allowed deletions
and broader selections, insertions, and updates.
        While reading and studying for the MySQL certification exam, I began
thinking about controlling privileges from within MySQL by having different
pages using different MySQL logins.
        I have a lot of resources that explain how to grant privileges, but
does anyone know of a resource that discusses categories of users and the
pros/cons of the various privileges that should be assigned to them?