I don't have enough MySQL knowledge to contribute much to this mailing
list, but as a 23 year veteran teacher, I have some expertise when it
comes to developing methods of instruction (especially
self-instruction). While studying for the MySQl CMDEV exam, I created a
method for MySQL skill-building that may help others trying to master
MySQL systematically.

        I had been building my expertise with queries by redirecting commands
from a text file into MySQL. When I discovered MySQL comments through
this mailing list, I realized I could store my learning by putting an
active command I was testing at the top line of my text document, and my
previously tested commands below them inside a commented out area. This
morning I went a step further when I realized I could embed XHTML coding
inside MySQL comments and have a dual-purpose page, a page that (1) lets
me test queries by redirecting them to MySQL on my local computer, and
then (2) stores the tested queries inside commented-out areas in a
format I can post on the web.

        The web page format allows me to review what I've done and lets me
continue my research at home or work by downloading, testing and
expanding, then uploading my new research.

        I hope someone finds the concept useful. What I've accomplished so far
is at

 http://scripting-solutions.com/certifications/mysql/dothis.html

Thanks to everyone who has been of help to me here now and in the
future.