Mathieu Bruneau wrote:
murthy gandikota a écrit :

Hi
I did a hot backup a while ago. When I had to restore from backup there were several error messages. So I ran mysqlcheck for every table with --auto-repair option. Is this the best way? Thanks
 Murthy

---------------------------------
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Yes you should shutdown the database before doing a mysqlhotcopy.
However you could use the "flush tables with read lock" so that your
tables are consistent (and will still allow for select to go through the db)

Best luck

mysqlhotcopy does not require a database shutdown. If it did, it
would not be a hot copy.

--
Gerald L. Clark
Supplier Systems Corporation