On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:19 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So if one is doing a full mysqldump every night, all bin-logs can be
> deleted after this?

  On the slave - Yes. In fact I would highly recommend it before
starting the slave processes again. This will reset the bin log's
'position' back to 0, giving you a clear starting point that will
correspond to the backup.  For the master server (if your backing up
from the slave) you'll only want to purge the bin logs back to your
slowest slave.

> If bin-logging is disabled, will master/slave syncing still occur?

No, if you disable the bin-logs, replication wont be happening.

Regards,
Scott