We use NULL all the time with MyISAM tables, and I've never noticed a
problem.

Well, there was one bizarre bit of business that's already been mentioned:
my predecessor actually put the string "NULL" into a field, and since it
looks the same in the MySQL client that gave me a devil of a time.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.