Hi Jeff,

There isn't really a clear winner in any case, but the tests done in the article linked to are highly suspect. It would be much more interesting to see real tests done with real hardware...

Nonetheless, the usual answer I would have is to lean towards ease of administration and good understanding, rather than getting 1% better performance. That usually means ext3.

Regards,

Jeremy

Jeff Pang wrote:
hello list,

I saw this article for the suitable filesystem for mysql.
http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/sqlbench/

From what I saw,the best filesystem for MyISAM is ext3,the best filesystem for
InnoDB is Reiserfs.
How about your thought on it?Thanks.

50€ AMAZON-Einkaufsgutschein bei Bestellung von Arcor-DSL:
Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  39,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2