Baron Schwartz wrote:
I think we've found the bug. I just did a bunch of tests and I'm 99% sure not only does expire_logs_days not work if there are slaves attached, neither does PURGE MASTER LOGS. When I read my email this morning, Nagios alerted me the master server was over the expected disk usage, and I looked at the disk and saw our nightly PURGE MASTER LOGS job hasn't been working.

http://bugs.mysql.com/28238

OK even with a slave connected to a master with expire_logs_days, I still see the desired affect.

I've made a note on the bug - let's continue discussion on there?

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Support Engineer