Hi Ed,

Ed Curtis wrote:
I need to get some duplicate record information from a table and I haven't found any way to do it yet. I figured there might be some type of query I could do using a "for each" type command.

What I have is a table with names and companies. Some people have multiple entries for different companies. What I need to get is the name that has multiple entries along with the company names.

Name     |     Company
------------------------
Joe Blow    Company 1
Joe Blow    Company 2
Joe G. Blow    Company 1

Running the query should only return Joe Blow with Company 1 and Company 2.

I can find out how many records Joe Blow has or list out each Company record grouped by Name but I only want Names with multiple entries shown. Can anyone help? I'm sure this also makes a difference but I'm stuck using MySQL 3.23.

Since you are using 3.23, you can't use subqueries, which would otherwise make this easy (http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2006/10/09/how-to-find-duplicate-rows-with-sql/). But you can do it with temporary tables instead:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp AS SELECT Name, COUNT(*) AS cnt FROM tbl GROUP BY
Name;
SELECT tbl.* FROM tbl JOIN tmp USING(Name) WHERE cnt > 1;

Baron