On Tue, May 8, 2007 14:58, sunisundar wrote:

> no getting an error now like " check the manual that corresponds to your
> mysql version....."
> mine is mysql 5 version

And what does that error say?

Try quoteing [EMAIL PROTECTED] ala. 'poul'@'localhost'

>From the manual:

To create the accounts with GRANT, use the following statements:

shell> mysql --user=root mysql
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
    ->     ON bankaccount.*
    ->     TO 'custom'@'localhost'
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'obscure';
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
    ->     ON expenses.*
    ->     TO 'custom'@'whitehouse.gov'
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'obscure';
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
    ->     ON customer.*
    ->     TO 'custom'@'server.domain'
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'obscure';

The three accounts can be used as follows:

The first account can access the bankaccount database, but only from the
local host.

The second account can access the expenses database, but only from the
host whitehouse.gov.

The third account can access the customer database, but only from the host
server.domain.

--
Later

Mogens Melander