No I want all the properties only one regardless of how many images are attached to them. Think I need a distinct in there somewhere, ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Ribbens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Query problem

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:14:38PM +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>I have a table of properties that is linked to a table f images with a >one
property to many images relationship. I >have manged this with nested
queries but want to try and do it on one line. My current query

>$query = "SELECT * FROM images, properties WHERE images.property_id =
properties.property_id";

>As you can see from the query this returns a row for every image so if a
property has 3 images associated with it >it will be returned 3 times.

What exactly is your question?

I think he somehow wants to return each property once only but still
have every image returned in the result.