On 5/10/07, James Tu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think b/c of the way the tables are designed, I have to perform
multiple queries, unfortunately.

Hi James,

My suggestion to you would be that if you have a situation you don't believe
you can handle in one query, post all the details to the MySQL list and let
others take a whack at it.

I've not yet encountered a situation where the database can't be designed
for "one query" results.

I also believe that MySQL has temporary table functionality:

http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2006/03/26/temporary-table-subtleties-in-mysql/

http://www.devwebpro.com/devwebpro-39-20010817Temporary-Tables-With-MySQL.html

I don't know how this works (I guess I should read the manual), but I think
this would give you the ability in many cases to have MySQL (rather than
PHP) do the heavy lifting.  It will be much more efficient in MySQL than in
PHP.

Good luck, Dave.