Hi Waldo, all!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm making an assessment of MySQL possible official adoption in my company.
A question I have is: with InnoDB codebase being owned by Oracle, is there
any impact to its reliability and support?  Any other issues?

The developers of InnoDB have never been employees of MySQL AB
but rather worked for an independent company, Innobase Oy (AFAIR).

There were contracts between Innobase and MySQL about cooperation and support, and this worked well to the satisfaction of all parties (including the customers).

Last year, *after* Innobase was bought by Oracle, these contracts were renewed (the old period had expired), and cooperation and support continue as before.

InnoDB developers continue to be active on this mailing list and in MySQL bug handling, so I see no reason to be concerned.

Regards,
Joerg Bruehe

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
MySQL GmbH, Hauptsitz: Radlkoferstr. 2, D-81373 München
            Geschäftsführer: Kaj Arnö - HRB München 162140