Brian,

There are several ways you could store this information, either complete
paths, or relative paths, something along these lines:

Tables:
- -------

Projcts:

| PROJ_ID | PATH                                     |
+---------+------------------------------------------+
| 1       | D:\Projects\Jobs\LSRW\Rsview             |
| 2       | D:\Projects\Jobs\LSRW\RSLogic            |

SELECT PATH FROM Projects WHERE PROJ_ID='1'

or

Projects_Table

| PROJ_ID | PROJ_Name  | PROJ_ParentPath             |
+---------+------------------------------------------+
| 1       | LSRW       | D:\Projects\Jobs\LSRW

Project_Components

| COMPONENT_ID | PROJ_ID | COMPONENT_PATH            |
+--------------+---------+---------------------------+
| 1            | 1       | Rsview                    |
| 2            | 1       | RSLogix                   |
| 3            | 1       | Drawings                  |

To get the full path for a component:

SELECT
CONCAT_WS("\",Projects_Table.PROJ_ParentPath,Projects_Components.COMPONENT_PATH)
AS FullComponentPath FROM Project_Components LEFT JOIN Projects_Table on
Project_Components.PROJ_ID=Project_Table.PROJ_ParentPath

Brian E Boothe wrote:
> i have a question:
>   i have a Projects folder on my D: drive under this folder is folder by
> the name of the Customer then Subfolders that Corespond to the Project Ex,
>    d:\projects
>            ..  Jobs
>                  LSRW
>                     -- Rsview
>                     --RSLogix
>                     --Drawings
>                     --Labels
>                    I need to store all this relavent Path Information
> into a MySQL database, so i can Link it all into the database
> instead of using fileshares ,  has anyone done this before??  on Paths
> and Storeing into a database
> anyone have code examples

- --
Mike Lockhart      Information Engineer