Hi,

Paul J. Boyes wrote:
Hello,

I am hoping to get pointed in the right direction/save some time...

I have a db in which some web services are constantly inserting/updating data. However, when I run selects from the command line mysql app, I do not see the changes that these services have made unless I do a flush tables. This is even true if I log out and log back in. So, I am guessing that it has to do with caching. Any idea why this is happening?

It's almost certainly not the MySQL query cache, because updates invalidate the cache. You can test by adding SQL_NO_CACHE to your SELECT, thusly:

SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE ....

If this still doesn't return the results you expect, something else is happening. Are the web services not committing their transactions? That's the only other thing that comes to my mind. I'm sure I'm missing something and someone else will be able to help more.

Baron