Hello all. I'm new to the list, and I just have a quick question.
Hopefully somebody can help me out.

Anyway, here's the basics of what I want to do:

I want to update a record or, if that record does not exist, create a
new one.

Now I could easily do this on the client side in another language, but
it would require a query or two to the MySQL server as a test. This
update is something that will be done very frequently, and I would like
to limit the number of queries if at all possible -- I'd rather have the
SQL server do the test.

So... is there any way to do it in MySQL?

Thanks to any replies,
Randolpho