Hi Alex,
Thanks for the info,
For the second question, do you mean i should restore the entire backup or
just that one file from my backup.

regards
anandkl

On 5/15/07, Alex Arul Lurthu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/15/07, Ananda Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have take a mysqldump of my entire database, is it possible to restore
> just one table from this mysqldump.

Yes thats possible.

cat <your-dump-filename> | grep "tablename u want to restore" > mysql -u
user -ppassword should do it.

> Also, i have taken binary backup of my database, and one of the datafile
> is
> corrupt, is it possible to restore just this file from backup and start
> the
> mysqldb. Mysql database is running in innodb engine.

If all files are from the same cold binary backup, then you will be able
to do a restore. Else it will be highly unlikely.

~Alex