On 5/22/07, sam rumaizan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I'm just a php beginner.
So please be patient with my stupid questions.

What am I missing in this code that causing the function can't update the
textarea?

Update button erase the old information from mysql database and replace it
with nothing. Basically it can't read what is inside the Textarea box. Why??

Read the highlighted code.

Your problem is in this line:

mysql_real_escape_string($_REQUEST['Assign_Engineer'][' .$id .
']['Job_Title']);

you want something more like (may or may not work):

mysql_real_escape_string($_REQUEST["Assign_Engineer[$id]['Job_Title']"]);

Since this is a PHP problem, and you can't figure it out, I'd suggest moving
your request to a PHP list.

-Hank