Any help on how to do this in mysql????

On 5/30/07, Chris Hoover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have the following trigger in Postgresql, how can we do this in Mysql?

CREATE TRIGGER tr_encounter_lab_order_upd
    AFTER UPDATE ON encounter_lab_order
    FOR EACH ROW
    EXECUTE PROCEDURE tr_encounter_lab_order_upd_trig_func();

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tr_encounter_lab_order_upd_trig_func()
  RETURNS "trigger" AS
$BODY$
begin
    if (new.DX_CODE != old.DX_CODE or (new.DX_CODE is null and old.DX_CODEis
not null) or (
new.DX_CODE is not null and old.DX_CODE is null)) then
        update encounter_order set
            dx_code = new.dx_code where
            encounter_id = new.encounter_id and
            order_id = new.order_id ;
    end if;

    return new;
end;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

Can Mysql handle this if logic needed by this trigger, or only fire if a
specific column is updated?

Thanks,

Chris