Ken Menzel writes:
> Hi,
>    I have also noticed these aborted connections,  unfortunately my
> time is too divided to give this 100%.  I have just created a test
> situation with 3 server and a large application that inserts about
> 300,000 large rows.  This application aborts after several hours with
> an "aborted connection " message of FreeBSD (4.3) but not on Linux,  I
> am today running a test with BSDi,  but I think it will succeed.
> After that I will start debugging more closely the network reads and
> writes.  Can you please tell me what network card/driver you are
> running,  the output from dmesg would help.  As I am still gathering
> information I can not yet make any firm conclusions.  If anyone else
> has comments please e-mail me privately and I will gather a concensus
> then report after we have facts.
>
> Thanks
> Ken

> Ken Menzel  ICQ# 9325188
> www.icarz.com  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi!

As our manual explains, both Linux and FreeBSD have their own set of
problems with Ethernet.

But problems depend on the card that is used.

Root of the problem is usually duplexing code, so disabling both half
and full duplexing (on the hubs and switches) usually solves a
problem.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team