Hello!

It is not actually bug, but some improvement I'd like to offer.

Situation:
I have some site on a shared UNIX-hosting, so that's why I have user account
with no FILE privilege, so I can't use LOAD DATA INFILE even if this file is in
my home (for my site) directory. But it seems to me quite strange.

Proposition:
So, it seems to be logical, if user could have some "sand-box" - a directory or
set of directories, where he can use SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE and LOAD DATA
INFILE even if he has no FILE privilege. Possibly it can be realized as
additional table in "mysql" DB. By default - no directories, for example.

May be this function is already realized or it has any principal troubles with
realization, but I hope to recieve answer, whether this idea can be realized or
not and can offer all needed cooperation.

Sergey Ivanov