I am an experienced Oracle DBA, but new to MySQL.

I have been tasked with moving a number of MySQL 4.1 servers
from a Solaris 7 SPARC environment to Solaris 10 x86.

The most significant difference between these environments is
the endianness of the hardware.

My question is - Which of the MySQL file formats are independent
of endianness, so they can be copied between the two environments,
and which are not.

The categories of file I am interested in include:

 * MyISAM files
 * InnoDB files
 * Binary logs
 * mysqldump output

--
Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679