I am looking at data from a telephone call centre.

I have a table giving data on calls made including time and date with the name CallDateTime. Each call has a number, CallId and each customer has a number CustomerNo. Each row represents a different call.

I would like to create a column which identifies the first call made by a customer in a particular month. That is if a particular call is the first call made by that customer in that month, there is a 1 in the column, otherwise there is a zero.

I would also like to identify the second call (if any) made by the customer in a particular month.

I am quite inexperienced with MySQL and SQL in general and would appreciate any help which you can offer.

Thanks

David Scott

David Scott     Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
                The University of Auckland, PB 92019
                Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830         Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics
Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics